Sunday 8 February 2009

Touchwood I've not seen Ratty Rat for a few weeks.


About six weeks ago now I had a visitor in the garden a sly, creepy, smelly HUGE RAT!

No, no you're just making your own jokes up now, it wasn't our Amanda this time, it definately was a 'four' legged rat and anyway the rat had less whiskers.
It peeped in my garden so I let the dogs out and it ran off. Up to now it's stayed away, I've moved the bird table because I think that's what was attracting him, and I am now throwing the bird food on the garage instead for them. (I've no idea why my typing's gone itallic, and as I don't know how to change it I'll have to leave it).

I actually phoned Amanda to look at him through her conservatory window, I thought that seeing her might frighten him away but she wasn't in so I had a word with Bob about it, he's one of my other neighbours (he's a nice one though) and he told me that one sure way of getting rid of a rat was to fire a gun 1 inch away from it's ear,

'Oh will that get rid of it?' I said,

'sure will' he said, ' it'll blow it's bloody brains out!'

1 comment:

  1. Wise neighbour!!!! hehe If his aim is as sharp as his wit you would have no rats at all!!!! hehe Nothing worse than those big dirty, seedy creatures ruining everything with their horrible ways and those tails! Uggh! Making me shiver at the thought of them!! Poor you! I had a shock like that as well this month! Not nice!

    ReplyDelete