Tuesday 10 February 2009

Re-potted my tommys


They are still quite small but I had originally planted the seed a bit too close together so I wanted to give them their own space.


Again a bit of trial and error, but I did talk to them whilst I did the 'operation'. Any hoots I hope they all survive I am going to grow some in the greenhouse and some against the south facing garage wall (bit of insurance there in case we get a cool summer this year).


The tomatoes are called 'Red Cherry. I am also going to grow some in hanging baskets too, I think they are call 'Tumbling Tom' tomatoes. I've also heard that there's a variety of veg you can grow in hanging baskets, I'm going to give other things a go, it seems a good idea with me having limited growing space on the floor!
Oh, I nearly forgot I planted some sweet peas too for a bit of colour and nice smell in the garden plus I want to attract some insects............. : )

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, that looks lovely! Mine are half that big..will be repotting as soon as they develop first 2-4 pair of leaf.
    I have a piece of advice for you that i just picked up: tomatoes can be replanted rather deep, almost just leaving the leaf above earth. They will develop a lot of root from the steam, wich makes them more sturdy!

    Best regards and happy gardening!
    Laura from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Laura.
    Thank you for reading my blog, I have put more soil higher up the plants since the photo was taken, I must have read that tip somewhere (I'm reading so much at the moment!!!)
    Take care and thanks again
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete