Thursday 19 February 2009

All my babies are growing

Well I planted some sweetpeas only a few days ago and already 13 out of the 15 are 2 inches tall!

12 out of 15 of my marigolds are up and running.

All of the 11 tomatoes that I potted in their first pots have survived.

I have just planted 4 pepper seeds 'Sweet California Wonder', I'm hoping for 3 of them to grow and I shall be growing those on in growbags in the greenhouse when the weathers warmer.

Nothing else to report really, except that I'm getting really nervous now at the prospect of Spring arriving. I worry that the Spring and Summer will come and go and I've forgot to do everything and in the end I've done sod all !

I'm going to grow some 'pretty' veggies in the front garden too, it's West facing so I'm hoping they will get enough sunlight in there. I might grow my peas and beans in it along with some others that don't nesscessarily look like 'free food' to all that passes. I'll take some piccies of the front garden soon, and then I can hopefully look back and see an improvement (hopefully).

I've told Amanda to get her home brew wine started, ready for some serious bartering in the summer, her wines lovely, I've tasted it, well she said it was her home brew, but come to think of it I do take quite a few boxes of 'posh wine' deliveries in for her.........Mmmm maybe she's pulling a fast 'un and she doesn't brew any herself. Watch this space.............

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely watching the bland looking seeds turning into little thin shoots and hopefully a lot more isn't it! This is my first year trying to grow anything at all so think i'm as excited as you! Hope this feeling lasts, its lovely! The fast approaching spring is making me very nervous too!

    Love your blog!

    Linzi x

    ReplyDelete