Sunday 11 January 2009

My broad beans and garlic......





Now I know that I have planted them too close, and that I haven't thinned them out, but I just can't seem to be able to take out a healthy plant and chuck it away! Don't ask me why, but I just feel sorry for them.
So I shall thin them now and replant them somewhere else, they may not like being moved and they may die ,but I'd rather give them a chance with nature than perish in the bin.

At least I've now learned why correct spacing in the beginning is so important. I do hope they grow nice and healthy because I really want to swap them for some of Amandas wine..................... (and she's not getting anything that I like!) garlic and broad beans are good enough for that drunkard ; )

3 comments:

  1. I am the same!! I HATE thinning! I've been known to do this with spring onions - make new holes for the ones I've thinned out and replant them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garlic dont look like it has much space to bulb up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garlic is close I realise that now, but first time and all that.........might space them more (if I can)

    ReplyDelete